Sunday, November 30, 2008

The power of words

Some people are just so eager to let their opinions be known, and in the process, they fail to recognize that hearts are fragile and they themselves are hypocritical. There is no right time and place, words fly out like daggers and before you know it, the damage has been dealt. Wounds only just beginning to heal bleed once again.

I’m never one to confront for myself. I’m not one to go about shooting down all the things people uphold, but when you desecrate the very core of what people believe in, that is an extremely selfish act, and I won’t hold my silence. I can tolerate a lot of things but never this. If you don’t like what you hear, why inflict pain? Can’t people stop for a moment and think, think and realize that it is far better to let people live what you deem an illusion, rather than destroying the very thing that fills their soul? Just because I think Christianity is, for lack of a better word, a complete sham, I don’t blast off about it and declare how much better off they would be without it when someone ends up on my doorstep asking me if I would like to participate in their weekly bible class. It’s easy to see that it would just be plain rude to do so. A simple smile and a polite decline are suffice. I understand they simply want to bring the happiness god brings to them to me, and that’s a very sweet thing. Why go to all the trouble of persecuting and hurting people for the sake of what you believe in.

People live to be happy, to find fulfillment.
Those who scrutinize its pursuit are hypocritical and I pity them. Why can't they just wake up and realise they are JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE who scrambles towards it.
Why do anything at all if you have forsaken it. Why smile, why laugh, why love, why give, why care, why have children? If you do any of those things, you believe in its existence.

Don’t mind me, I’m just harping on, rant upon rant. My soapbox is mine alone and nobody else’s right? After all I believe in freedom of speech among other things, and a few measely words never hurt anyone...

1 comment:

Mai said...

OOoo what happened?