Thursday, November 27, 2008

Empty

What do you call it, when bad luck and coincidence walk hand in hand? Fate… Is that its name? Some things are unavoidable… and so it seems the moment I think fate has come after me with a light hand… I am reminded it was only wishful hoping…

Darkness has not come softly, why must it batter me wave, after wave? Accidents have come by the handful and people are leaving me in droves… Does fate have no mercy? Or am I simply desperate to blame all my misfortunes on anything other than what I see in my own reflection… Tell me the remedy for a waning spirit… My body, my mind. I am broken. I am so tired. Tired of caring, tired of existence… I surrender. My body has chosen where to lie. The pain is slowly going numb... What is the use of a good person? Actions speak for nothing, good intentions lead to nowhere, my gaze is never met and my heart goes unnoticed… How much harder do I have to try? My soul is disintegrating… Knowing it is never going to be enough… I yearn to fade into the background... becoming a simple whisper through the trees… You will never truly realize anyway…

Longing for the year to come to pass… It marks the parting of dark clouds, the end of self delusion and artificial happiness… People won’t leave me anymore and my heart will be less empty. I might remember how it feels for sunlight to wash up against my frozen body once again…


Relinquish my past…

True happiness has not been forgotten… merely, temporarily misplaced…


Sorrow shall be reborn into... a love so vast

1 comment:

Mai said...

Cheer up Sunshine! things will look up for you, if u need a friend, i'm just a phonecall away ;) xoxox Love u heaps fel!